If you thought the internet killed phone sex and chat lines, think again. RedHot DateLine has been steaming up phone lines since 1990. Instead of laying down and letting the digital age walk all over them, they’ve thrived in a world desperate for real connection.
RedHot Dateline is the place for 24/7 instant connections, and it’s been using old-fashioned telephone technology to do it for nearly 30 years. That’s right, people have been getting their freak on over the phone with RedHot Dateline longer than some of their users have been alive. If you happen to be over 30, don’t dwell on that fact too long. You’ll start feeling aches and pains like you’re old or something.
What this means for you, horny caller, is that they’ve been doing this long enough to know how to make it easy and fun. You have to go to their website to get the phone number to call, but after that, you can do everything straight from your phone. We won’t judge if you pretend to be on the phone with your mom when you’re really chatting up some local hottie. No one else has to know what you’re up to. That’s the beauty of talking on the phone with the real people — no one’s looking over your shoulder or seeing naked parts on your screen that they didn’t expect.
It doesn’t matter if you prefer to hear someone’s voice before you meet or you’ve got a thing for phone sex, RedHot Dateline makes it as simple as dialing your phone. None of those 1-900 phone numbers from back in the day, either. You can dial a local number, and no one will know you’re looking for a hookup.
Their system is completely private and as anonymous as you want it to be. As long as everyone’s over 18 and you follow their few rules, do what makes you feel good. Call in to ease some boredom or because hot voices get you off. Use the chatline to meet people in your local area or to explore other cities. Go straight for phone sex or call in and look for your next partner. Whatever you’re looking for can be found on RedHot DateLine.
Joining RedHot DateLine
To start chatting with locals, joining RedHot DateLine is as simple as going to their homepage and using the phone number they give you. If your location settings are on or your ISP isn’t hidden, the website will give you a number and connect you with people wherever you’re located. Don’t worry, if it’s wrong or you want another location to explore, you can get another number by entering in a different area code. Choose “For Men” or “For Women” so that you’re connected with your preference when you call.
Begin with a free trial to decide if you like it. Free trials can only be used from a single phone, whichever one you use to sign up for RedHot DateLine. If your number was used in the chat line at some other point in the past, you won’t be eligible for the free trial. You can use another number, though. Your free trial must be used within seven days.
During the free trial, you have access to all of the features on RedHot Dateline. Once that runs out, you can become a paid member. As a member, you’ll have a passcode to access the system from any phone. Paid membership is based on the amount of minutes you want to purchase. There are three levels:
- 10 minutes for $4.99
- 20 minutes for $9.99
- 60 minutes for $29.99
New users are eligible for the Double-the-Minutes package promo for your very first purchase.
RedHot Dateline Membership
What do you get for joining RedHot Dateline as a member?
- Priority customer service.
- Access your RedHot Dateline account on any phone, not just the one you signed up with.
- Your messages get heard before non-paying members’ messages.
- Earn bonus chat time and fun rewards.
- Save your greeting and re-use it to connect faster.
- No ads
- Use the online system to check your balance, add more time, and manage your account
As a paid member of RedHot Dateline, you can use your call-in number from any phone you want. Your membership lasts as long as you have time left. If you don’t call-in for three months, your membership will be deactivated without a refund of any remaining balance.
Time is deducted by the minute once you begin listening to greetings. You won’t use your time while you record your own greeting, so take your time. Each time you login, you’ll be reminded of how much time you have left. Once you have less than 20 minutes left, you’ll get the option to buy more time. The RedHot Dateline system warns you that you’re nearly out of time at the two minute mark.
Technically you don’t need an online account to use RedHot Dateline but it can come in handy when you’re ready to add more minutes. It’s a separate sign-up that requires your email address and a password. Once you’ve verified your online account, you can connect your phone membership. From here to you can buy time and manage your subscription. It’s a very simple interface and easy to navigate.
Using RedHot Dateline
No one on the line is hired or paid by RedHot DateLine. Everyone you’re connecting with is a real person who wants something from the chat line, too. All your information is private and confidential so no one can get your full name, phone number, or other information unless you give it to them.
All calls are private and uncensored. There are a few rules for your greeting: no discrimination based on age, gender, or race; no threats of violence or harm; and nothing illegal.
To use RedHot DateLine:
- Call the phone number you’re given when you sign up.
- Record a sexy hot greeting for anyone else on the line to listen to.
- Browse other pre-recorded greetings from people currently on the line.
- When you hear a message you like, send a message in response.
- If someone likes your greeting, they can send you a message in return.
- Once you find someone you connect with, request to chat privately with them.
Since your recorded greeting is how you introduce yourself on the chat line, it’s definitely something you want to get right. Thankfully, you can re-record it as many times as you need to until you’re happy with it. Once you’re happy with it, save it.
You can send as many messages as you want while you’re on the line. If you spend the entire time only listening to greetings and sending a few messages back, that’s cool. You can also flirt through message or take it to a one-on-one private chat.
When you go into private chat, you still receive messages from other members, but you won’t know about them until you’re done. You can block messages from people you don’t like or creepers that freak you out a little. You also have the option to add your favorite members to a hotlist. This means you’ll get notified the next time they’re online so you can connect.
How to Create Your Greeting
As mentioned earlier, there are only three rules when recording a greeting or message:
- No age, race, or gender discrimination
- Nothing illegal
- No threats of violence or harm against anyone
Doing any of this will get you banned. So what should you keep in mind to create a good greeting that gets you noticed? It’s not too difficult:
- Be confident when you record.
- Share your best features, interests, and things you like.
- Share what you’re looking for whether it’s friendship, a relationship, or straight up phone sex
- Say your first name but don’t give out your full name, address, real phone number, work information, or anything else that should be kept private.
- You can call in with friends, but they should all say their name in the greeting too so other members know there are multiple people involved.
You don’t always have to be on the line to connect with other members. Offline messaging gives you more freedom. Yes, you’ll hear greetings from people active on RedHot Dateline, but you can also listen to greetings from members who were recently on the line. You can even send and receive messages to offline callers and save messages you receive to listen to them later.
Navigating RedHot Dateline
If you’re used to being online, it can be weird not to see how to navigate through to the next thing you want to do. You’re not trapped on the phone with no options,though. You can do plenty, once you know how it works. Here’s what you need to press on your keypad to navigate through RedHot Dateline:
- 1: Request a connection to chat after you hear a greeting you like
- 2: Send a message. Do this before jumping into a live chat so you can get to know each other..
- 3: Play next greeting. This lets you skip the current greeting to get to the next one.
- 4: Add or remove someone from your hotlist.
- 5: Listen to greetings of people in your town or closest to you geographically.
- 6: Play previous greeting. This is good if you liked the sound of someone and want to hear them again.
- 7: Block caller. Press it once to block them. Press it a second time, and their account will be flagged to be checked by the quality department.
- 8: This lets you hear the location of a greeting you like, to see if they’re close by or not.
- 9: Repeat a greeting.
- *: Get help from customer service
- #: Exit RedHot Dateline
Payments and Refunds
You have a lot of options to pay for membership with RedHot Dateline. You can use PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, check by phone, and even cash through Western Union. Any purchase you make by credit card shows as TELIGENCE on your statement.
All payments are non-refundable. You lose paid for minutes if you don’t login for 90 days, too. You may only want to buy membership packages as you need them.
If you run into any problems while you’re on the phone, press the star key “*” for help. Online, you can submit a form with questions or get the phone number for customer service. The FAQ is fairly comprehensive and most questions can likely be answered there.
Because real people are having real conversations on RedHot Dateline, safety can be an issue. Unless you choose otherwise, you’ll likely be talking to people in your area. Share too much information, and you might have a creeper on your doorstep or at your job. RedHot Dateline shares several safety tips on their website to help members stay safe.
- Only meet in person if you feel ready. Don’t let anyone pressure you into meeting.
- Meet in a public place.
- The system is confidential and secure but guard your identity closely. Don’t share your full name, phone number, address, work location, and other private information in greetings or messages.
- Listen to your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, don’t meet up.